Reach for something tasty to sip on, find a comfortable corner and sit back, we’re back to keep you company with yet another packed edition.
We sit down with Zambian musician James Sakala who describes his calling and talks to us about a journey of self-discovery that took him from making music just to fit in, to reviving a genre that most considered ‘old music’… Get to know the modern-day Kalindula artist.
The interview is available as a Podcast on all podcast apps and on zasamag.com to listen on the go, PLUS the video for this interview is also now available on YouTube!
Download ZASA Magazine May 2021 (Issue 61) here
Download links (free) – You have the option to download the Magazine in HD (bigger but super crystal clear kinda nice) or Low Res (smaller but still part of the cool crowd nice).
Built on a dramatic bend of the Zambezi River in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park and floating in Jackalberry trees and Phoenix palms is the charming Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma – a must-visit dream destination.
The Zambia National Public Health Institute (ZNPHI) and Ministry of Health (MoH) have published some guidelines on Points of Entry Screening. Mandatory self-isolation will be instituted for all travellers from countries classified as “High risk” irrespective of SARS CoV2 PCR negative results. Details in the Immigration 101 section.
Shwa gives us a rundown of her multi-coloured, multi-layered musical journey and turning pro after singing in a church choir.
All this and so much more in this edition so with your comfy spot picked and a really chilled summin to sip on in hand, enjoy the mag!
Event by @zambianstogether, ZamOxbridge Alumni Network, UNIZ Insights and @zasamagazine
1. Opening prayer and remarks, A Political Mystic: KK, Bishop Trevor Mwamba
2. Servitude and leadership: Mr. Musa Mwenye S.C.
3. Kaunda family representative: Mundaula Kaunda
4. The Zambian identity: Mr. Kalusha Bwalya and Ms. Maureen Lilanda
5. Heroes and heroines – past, present and those we need to see in the future: Ms. Chilufya Kapwepwe
6. Pan-Africanism in modern day Africa: Dr. Akashambatwa Mbikusita Lewanika
7. KK-nomics: Dr. Grieve Chelwa
8. Political dispensation and call to action: Dr. Sishuwa Sishuwa
9. Closing prayer and remarks, Reve. Suzanne Matale
YouTube video link – https://youtu.be/Zjwh_MLh0D4
Facebook video link – https://www.facebook.com/361015740689122/videos/322433079630209
Podcast audio link – https://iono.fm/e/1073822
#kennethkaunda #ripkennethkaunda #zambianseverywhere #Zambians #Zambia #ZambianDiaspora #ProudlyZambian #ZASA #RIPKK