Januworry, the month with more month than we would like. Wouldn’t it be nice if January only had like 15 days? Or at least if that ka salary came in pa 15th? Wishful thinking we know… The month is notorious for expenses – #BackToSchool fees, uniforms, stationery and all, and since we all know Dezember is never kind on the pocket, Mukuru thought you could use a little boost.
Do you remember how much you spent last year on back to school fees and supplies?
Mukuru recognises that you’ve sacrificed a lot to move to a foreign country in search of opportunity and that you work very hard to provide for yourself and your family back home – especially when it comes to ensuring your kids get the right education. In this spirit, here’s your chance to ease into 2020 and put Januworry in its place by knowing that the education part is taken care of!
Imagine what you could do with that free cash if the school fees and supplies were taken care of… Enter before 31 Jan and stand a chance to win R5000 in the Back to School competition.
How it works:
- The promotion is valid for all paid South Africa outbound orders made from 6 to 31 January.
- Customers are entered into a daily draw where one winner is chosen to win school fees for a child (of their choice).
- The prize is paid directly to the winner and a total of R5000 will be paid out to each customer, this will be paid into your bank account or Mukuru Money Card.
- Winners are announced on the Mukuru Facebook page every day until 31 January.
Now that’s worth more than money…
Got questions for Mukuru? Submit the form below:
Some things to know about using Mukuru
You can send money to Zambia using these channels:
- WhatsApp – Yes, WhatsApp! Place your orders by simply sending ‘Hi’ to +27 86 001 8555 and follow the prompts (in SA and Zambia).
- Mukuru App – create orders using the app on your phone and pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (Mukuru branch, Pick n Pay, PEP, Shoprite, Spar, Checkers, Ackermans, Game, Makro and many more).
- Mukuru website/mobi site – place orders online 24/7 by visiting www.mukuru.com. Pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (see point 2 above).
- USSD – Place orders via USSD by dialling *130*567# (in SA) or *855# (in Zambia) from any mobile phone. Pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (see point 2 above).
- Call centre – call the call centre on +27 86 001 8555 and place your order over the phone.
Cash collections are instant. As soon as you pay for your order, your loved ones receive an SMS with the order details which they can use to collect the cash in Kwacha at any Mukuru branch, Zoona branch, InterAfrica Bureau de Change branch, The Bed Shop, PEP and Kazang Stores in Zambia.
Visit Mukuru.com to start your own affordable and more secure money transfer journey!