In our February edition, we announced that Mukuru now enables you to place your money transfer orders through WhatsApp. This time, we will be showing you step by step how to place your order all the way through to your loved ones receive the cash. To help illustrate how simple it is, we’ll use an example.
Malambo has a father living on a farm in Mazabuka. Her father is blind, lives with her younger sister but needs urgent medical assistance – they suspect a stroke.
They get to the hospital and are told it will cost around K700 to run tests. Without thinking twice, Malambo gets onto her phone, opens WhatsApp, types in ‘Hi’ to +27 86 001 8555 (Thank God she had the number saved!), follows the prompts and gets an SMS with payment details.
Her younger sister gets an SMS confirmation, she goes into The Bedshop with her NRC, collects the cash and makes it back just in time for her dad to go in. Thanks to the prayers of the family and Malambo getting the money to them instantly, all dad needs is some Aspirin and two days of rest!
Be like Malambo, be there for your loved ones even when you are miles apart.
Over the years, we have built up a comprehensive knowledgebase on zasamag.com that can be used as a guide on using Mukuru to send money to and from Zambia. The Money Matters section on the website also covers general financial topics that affect our day to day lives so whenever you have questions, simply go to this section and you will more than likely find your answer.
So just how many ways can Mukuru help you send money? Let us count them for you.
- WhatsApp – Yes, WhatsApp! Place your orders by simply sending ‘Hi’ to +27 86 001 8555 and follow the prompts (in SA and Zambia).
- Mukuru App – create orders using the app on your phone and pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (Mukuru branch, Pick n Pay, PEP, Shoprite, Spar, Checkers, Ackermans, Game, Makro and many more).
- Mukuru website/mobi site – place orders online 24/7 by visiting www.mukuru.com. Pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (see point 2 above).
- USSD – Place orders via USSD by dialling *130*567# (in SA) or *855# (in Zambia) from any mobile phone. Pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (see point 2 above).
- Call centre – call the call centre on +27 86 001 8555 and place your order over the phone.
Cash collections are instant. As soon as you pay for your order, your loved ones receive an SMS with the order details which they can use to collect the cash in Kwacha at any Mukuru branch, Zoona branch, InterAfrica Bureau de Change branch, The Bed Shop, PEP and Kazang Stores in Zambia.
Download the latest edition of ZASA Magazine right here…
Download links (free) – You now have the option to download the Magazine in HD (bigger but super crystal clear kinda nice) or Low Res (smaller but still part of the cool crowd nice).
Low Res Version Link > ZASA Magazine – Issue 45 – October 2019 (LRes)
HD Version Link > ZASA Magazine – Issue 45 – October 2019 (HD)
Send Mukuru a message
Visit Mukuru.com to start your own affordable and more secure money transfer journey!