Moving money from one place to another has come a long way. Remember the first time you were able to do EFTs? It was magical and scary at the same time. Questions like ‘how safe is it?’ and ‘how do I know if they got it?’ plagued us all and to top it all off; Gen Zs would be shocked to hear it took up to 48 or more hours to do transfers. This was just about 15 years ago – a time where you actually used that little pin pad when logging into your online banking. Thank God for technology and innovation!
Most of your transactions these days happen in the palm of your hand – your phone. When was the last time you actually walked into a branch to transact? Yep, thought as much. At the heart of all this though, the simple fact remains – we all want the safest and most convenient means of moving our money – enter Mukuru.
We have built up a comprehensive knowledge base on zasamag.com over the years that can be used as a guide on using Mukuru to send money to and from Zambia. The Money Matters section also covers general financial topics that affect our day to day lives. In this post though, we summarise all the different ways of sending money to and from Zambia using Mukuru and how they work, just to tie it up into one neat post.
- WhatsApp – Yes, WhatsApp! Place your orders by simply sending ‘Hi’ to +27 86 001 8555 and follow the prompts (in SA and Zambia).
- Mukuru App – create orders using the app on your phone and pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (Mukuru branch, Pick n Pay, PEP, Shoprite, Spar, Checkers, Ackermans, Game, Makro and many more).
- Mukuru website/mobi site – place orders online 24/7 by visiting www.mukuru.com. Pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (see point 2 above).
- USSD – Place orders via USSD by dialling *130*567# (in SA) or *855# (in Zambia) from any mobile phone. Pay with your Mukuru card or at your nearest pay-in partner (see point 2 above).
- Call centre – call the call centre on +27 86 001 8555 and place your order over the phone.
Cash collections are instant. As soon as you pay for your order, your loved ones receive an SMS with the order details which they can use to collect the cash in Kwacha at any Mukuru branch, Zoona branch, InterAfrica Bureau de Change branch, The Bed Shop, PEP and Kazang Stores in Zambia.
Download the latest edition of ZASA Magazine right here…
Download links (free) – You now have the option to download the Magazine in HD (bigger but super crystal clear kinda nice) or Low Res (smaller but still part of the cool crowd nice).
Low Res Version > ZASA Magazine – Issue 44 – September 2019 (LRes)
HD Version > ZASA Magazine – Issue 44 – September 2019 (HD)
Send Mukuru a message
Visit Mukuru.com to start your own affordable and more secure money transfer journey!