Earlier today, news broke of a FIFA Ban that has been imposed on Kalusha Bwalya. The media release from FIFA stated that the adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee has banned Kalusha Bwalya, member of the executive committee of the Confederation of African Football (CAF), for two years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) at both national and international level.
Kalusha Bwalya has now issued an official statement clarifying his stance on the situation.
OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY KALUSHA BWALYA ON FIFA BAN
10th August 2018
I the undersigned KALUSHA BWALYA
Do hereby state that:-
- I am surprised and saddened by today’s receipt of the notification from the FIFA Ethics Committee adjudication.
- I have instructed my legal team to immediately appeal this decision urgently and would like to state that I am NOT guilty of any offence, which allegedly took place.
- I have never done and will never do anything to bring the beautiful game into disrepute and stand by the facts provided by me to the committee.
- I unfortunately cannot provide any further details as my legal team has advised that this would jeopardize my chances of obtaining leave to appeal.
- FIFA’s decision is not final and I will fight tooth and nail for justice to clear my name.
- I thank all my fans for their on-going support.
Sources: FIFA Media Release | Kalusha Bwalya